COMPLEOCiD-EO: Synergistic functionality for best performance in aquaculture.
What is COMPLEOCiD-E05?
COMPLEOGD-Ee is a unique combination of organic acids and their salts, phosphoric acid, and protected organic acids and essential oils.
How does COMPELEOCID-EO work?
- COMPLEOCID-Eeconsists of 3 active ingredient groups and is multifunctional:
. Free organic acids and their salts
. Free inorganic acid
. Microencapsulated acid and essential oils
- COMPLEOCM-EIPactive ingredients are selected to act in the mouth, stomach as well as in the small and large intestine.
- COMPLEOCiD-E0 ® is one hundred percent active for the animals and supplies highly available calcium and phosphorus for a successful diet formulation.
- COMPLEOCiD-E0 ® is an easy to handle, non-corrosive feed additive which is developed for safe handling.
- COMPLEOCiD-E0 ® helps to reduce buffering capacity in the feed.
COMPLEOCiD-E0°— Benefits of micro-encapsulated organic acids:
- Antimicrobial effects due to strong organic acids form barrier against ascending infections from hindgut to foregut.
- Effective throughout the GIT.
- Nutritive value of organic acids as fast energy source.
- Continuous release of active ingredients throughout the GIT.
Efficacy of COMPELEOCID-EO Complex Compared to single acids and their salts:
|Efficacy of acids|
|Formic Acid (Cl)||+++||+++||+++||—||—|
|Acetic acid (C2)||++||++||++||—||—|
|Propionic acid||+++ (Y + M)||+||+||+-||–|
|Fumaric acid (C7)||—||++||++||+-||+-|
COMPLEOCiD-EO in aquaculture:
Schrimp trial, Univ. Kasetart, Thailand, 2012
|0 kg/t(Control)||3 kg/t||6 kg/t||9 kg/t||12 kg/t|
|End Weight||7.7||7.7||7.7||7.9||8.1||No sign. difference|
|Survival Rate||85%||89%||92%||94%||95%||Sign. diff as of 3 kg/t|
|Total Bacteria Count in hemolymph at day 60 (CFU/ml)||2500||1600*||1250||1000||800||Sign. diff as of 3 kg/t|
|Vibrio bacteria in hemolymph at day 60||600||480||370*||320||300||Sign. diff as of 6 kg/t|
|Protein digestibility||75||78*||80||83||84||Sign. duff soot 3 kg/t|
*lowest dosage with statistically significant difference from control group.
Where is COMPLEOCO-E0° working?
- Antimicrobial effect.
- Nutritional effects (Ca & P minerals/energy)
- Reduction of buffering capacity
- Reduction of the pH (formic, lactic, phosphoric acid).
- Activation of proteolytic enzymes (better protein digestion).
- Antimicrobial effect (e.g. gram negative bacteria with lactic acid, and local pH reduction).
- Stimulation of pancreas secretion (pH effect 9 feedback from the stomach); better Ca and P digestion.
- Antimicrobial effects due to microencapsulated essential oils and strong organic acids.
- Stimulation of non specific immunity (lactic acid).
COMPLEOCID-EC – Antimicrobial effects of essential oils and organic acids:
- Essential oils increase permeability of the cell wall of pathogenic bacteria.
– essential oils have the ability to change the outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria.
– resulting in the inactivation of the cell protein.
- Organic acids, now also in dissociated form (anion- and cation+), can pass
through the cell wall.
– therefore also more efficiency at higher pH levels for instance in the intestine.
COMPLEOCiD-EO Unique Selling Propositions (USP’s):
- Better palatability and higher feed intake.
- pH-lowering effect in the stomach reaching pH 3 – 4 locally.
- Preventive and active antimicrobial effects.
- Protection throughout the GIT.
- High bioavailable Ca- and P-content.
- Reduce Buffering Capacity in feed formulation.
- Better performance (DWG, FCR, health, ROI).
- 100% active.
- Safe and easy handling.
Shrimp & Fish Dosage (kg/mt)
All stages 3.0
in EMS cases 6.0